Housewife Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal to Attend Church




A housewife, Adenike Oladejo, has approached an Idi-Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi Ibadan, seeking dissolution of her nine years marriage to her husband, Samuel Oladejo, over his refusal to attend Church with her.

Adenike, who testified in court on Friday, said she cried every day because of the kind of life her husband was living.

She said her husband was a drunk and always came home late, adding that
the plaintiff did not care about her welfare and the only child of the marriage.

She described the husband as “a stubborn and irresponsible family head who preferred spending his money on alcohol.

“I regret marrying him because my parents warned me not to marry him but I did not obey them due to the blind love I had for him.

“I pleaded with him on many occasions to be going to Church, with the aim of repenting from his bad ways of life but he refused.

“My Lord, separate us, I can no longer stay with a man who does not know God but live a sinful lifestyle.”

The defendant, who agreed to divorce the wife, however, accused her of abandoning him when he became broke.

He said “the court should grant her request but she did not seek for divorce when I had money and things were going on smoothly for me.

“It is now that she wants divorce because I hardly feed her and cater for her needs and our kid because I dont have the means.”

The president of the court, Chief Mukaila Balogun, dissolved the marriage, saying evidence of both parties proved that they both agreed to the separation.

Balogun also gave the custody of the only child of the marriage to the plaintiff and ordered the defendant to be paying N3,000 monthly for the upkeep of the child. (NAN)

Tagged with
  1. Luther Jens-Uwe Nigeria Lagos June 23, 2017, 4:02 pm

    What if the ex – husband can not make the payment, in prison the former man can not pay the 3000 N.
    Surely once an attempt to force the ex-husband in the direction of the
    He would lead a regular life, but what if he can not raise the 3000 N?
    it would be a deferment or a judgment which does not speak of this
    payment free, than to insist on something that would not be possible.
    What should the ex – man do steal themselves in crimes only to meet the verdict.
    periods would be appropriate, however, one should prevent that by new
    marriage it could come to fraud, life cohabitation and so on.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.