The core mission of National School Entrepreneurship Programme (N-SEP) is to deliver hands-on Entrepreneurship and Community Service learning in Primary and Secondary schools across Nigeria.
National School Entrepreneurship Programme (N-SEP) is set to provide access to functional and hands-on entrepreneurship and community service education to every primary and secondary school student in Nigeria so as to eliminate poverty, conflicts and massive youth unemployment.
Participating schools will run a “School Bank” conducted by students and facilitated by participating commercial banks. This will boost financial literacy and financial inclusion as well as spur investment culture in young people.
It will create a network of leaders who will see the challenges in their communities as their responsibilities.
Expected outcome in year one are:
- 370,000 pupils will be directly impacted
- 3,700 micro businesses and community service projects created by participating schools
- 5,000 teachers will be trained on how to deliver hands-on entrepreneurship and community service education to students in primary and secondary schools.
- 18,500 business and civic leaders will be recruited as Business Advisory Board Members thereby enhancing community participation.
- 370,000 students bank accounts operated
- 3,700 school enterprise bank accounts operated
- “3,700 school banks”
N-SEP is an initiative of SMEDAN– Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency of Nigeria andSAGE Nigeria– SAGE-Students for the Advancement of Global of Entrepreneurship is an international programme initiated at the California State University Chico USA. It is currently operating in all the continents of the world. It engages young people in a hands-on learning process on how to create wealth, help others and their communities.
Because N-SEP is a comprehensive national programme it will be coordinating its planning and activities with Office of the Vice President and various stakeholder-state governments, Federal Ministry of Education, Financial Institutions, public agencies and private sector organisations.