Facts About The New Home Grown School Feeding Programme of the Federal Government
Laolu Akande(Abuja) : Major Highlights of the HomeGrown School Feeding Programme(HGSFP) of the President Buhari Administration will be:
- State Government will NOT be compelled to contribute. Their contribution is welcomed but NOT mandatory.
- One meal a day will be provided for 5.5 million school pupils across Nigeria.
- The first phase of this programme will be in 18 states. Three(3) states in each of the geopolitical zones.
- The HGSFP will create jobs along the value chain. Meals will be made from local produce of farmers in each state.
- The Federal Government will pay all contractors directly. There will be NO middlemen.
- The Federal Government plan to increase the number of school pupils served from 5.5 million to 20 million in 4 years.
- The Federal Government Appropriated 93.1 Billion to the programme in the 2016 Budget.
TAGS Federal GovernmentHGSFPHome Grown School Feeding ProgrammeNigeriaPresident Buhari AdministrationPresident Buhari NewsPresident Buhari updatesProf. Yemi OsinbajoYemi Osinbajoyemi osinbajo news