Fire Incident at Nnewi, Onitsha

Fire Incident at Nnewi, Onitsha

Nnewi the industrial hub of Anambra State was Friday morning thrown into pandemonium, when a truck loaded with diesel went up in flames at a filling station along Nnewi-Nnobi Road.

The fire which raged through gutters, spread to shops along the road as fears of the fire spreading to residential buildings threw residents into panic.

Eye witnesses say the incident occured as the diesel-laden truck attempted to discharge the product to a smaller tanker at the filling station.

The generator hose being used for transfer was said to have pulled out, causing the diesel to spill on the generator which ignited the fire.

The Nnewi Fire Service was said to have quickly arrived at the scene and succeeded in putting it out.

No life was lost in the incident, but all the dispensing meters at the filling station, a motorcycle, generator and the long truck were all burnt, among other valuables.

Share This


Wordpress (0)