The EducationUSA Advising Center (EAC) provides quality, timely, accurate, unbiased information about all accredited U.S. higher education institutions for persons wishing to study in the U.S.
The EAC offers individual advising for a fee to help interested Nigerian students who have the academic qualifications and financial resources for studying in the United States.
This center belongs to the EducationUSA network of educational advising centers affiliated with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. EducationUSA advisers strive to provide accurate, comprehensive, current, and unbiased information on educational opportunities in the United States. We do not endorse or rank any college or university, nor do we endorse services provided by any company or organization in areas of test preparation, admissions, placement, language training, or visa procurement.
For more information about EducationUSA and study opportunities in the United States, please visit
Prospective members must complete an application form.
The application fee costs $10 (or Naira equivalent).
Each applicant will be assessed by a Counselor who will advise them about their potential to be admitted into a U.S. institution of higher learning.
Qualified applicants may become an EAC member.
Membership fees are $200 (or Naira equivalent) per year.
Members have access to EAC services every weekday except Wednesdays and Nigerian and American holidays.
- A photo identification card
- Priority access to an educational counselor
- Personal assistance to find an appropriate college or university
- Access to EAC facilities and services.
Facilities and services ensure the best possible chance for admissions into appropriate institutions in the United States.:
Facilities and services available at the center include:
- Counseling services
- Personal interviews with students, parents, guardians and sponsors
- Assistance to complete application forms for U.S. colleges and universities
- Help to convey the finest qualities of the applicants
- Library of print and electronic educational materials
- Technology Center
- Internet and E-mail
- Provide contact information for colleges and universities
- USAP Program (possible hyperlink)
EducationUSA Advisers will assist clients to:
- Select and apply to appropriate institution
- Provide information on standardized tests required for admission such as TOEFL, SAT, GRE and GMAT
- Understand what life will be like in a new environment and culture
Special orientation sessions will be held for members only. They include:
- Detailed information about preparing to study in the United States
- Counseling on the visa process
- Pre-departure orientation and procedures