FG approves the establishment of 8 new private universities
The Federal Government has approved the establishment of Eight new private universities in the country as recommended by the National Universities Commission NUC
The Minister of State for Education Prof. Anthony Onwuka announced this while briefing newsmen after the Federal Executive Council Meeting Presided by President Muhammadu Buhari.
This he said is to give more opportunities to the teeming population of Nigerian youths seeking admission in to universities.
The newly approved private universities and their promoters are;
New Approved Universities: Promoters
1. Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos. Deeper Christian Life Ministry
2. Arthur Jarvis University, Akpabuyo, Cross River. The Clitter House Nigeria Limited
3. Clifford University, Owerrinta, Abia. Seventh Day Adventist Church
4. Coal City University, Enugu. African Thinkers Community of Inquiry College of Education, Enugu.
5. Crown-Hill University, Eiyenkorin, Kwara. Modern Morgy and Sons Limited.
6. Dominican University, Ibadan. Order of Preachers, Nigerian Dominican Community.
7. Kola Daisi University, Ibadan. Kola Daisi Foundation.
8. Legacy University, Okija. The Good Idea Education Foundation.
The council also approved a revised contract for the completion of domestic and international Terminals for Port Harcourt Airport.