List of New INEC Commissioners as Approved by Acting President
The Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo has approved the appointment of 14 new Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs) for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
The Director of Press, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF), Bolaji Adebiyi, made this known in a statement on Thursday in Abuja.
While 13 of the new appointees were in their first term,
– Hussaini Halilu Pai of the FCT was re-appointed.
The new appointees are:
1. Prof. Godwill Obioma (Abia),
2. James Lorliam Apam (Benue)
3. Dr. Nwachukwu Orji (Ebonyi),
4. Dr. Iloh Joseph Valentine Chuks (Enugu),
5. Dr. Nentawe Goshwe Yilwatda (Plateau),
6. Umar Ibrahim (Taraba) and
7. Mr. Emeka Ononamadu Joseph (Imo).
8. Obo O. Effanga (Cross River),
9. Prof. Francis Chuckwemeka Ezeounu (Anambra),
10.Dr. Briyai O. Frankland (Bayelsa),
11.Ibrahim Abdullahi (Adamawa),
12.Agboke Mutiu Olaleke (Ogun) and
13.Alhaji Ahmad Makama (Bauchi).
“These appointees have been confirmed by the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and therefore, the appointments are with immediate effect,” Adebiyi said.
The RECs also have a five-year renewable tenure, same as the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).